Modular operation theatre concept is to maintain a sterile environment for patient during surgery, this is to low down the risk of infection to the patient.
Modular operation theatre takes modular and standard equipment to achieve a flexible arrangement, this speeds up the OT installation, cost-saving, quality-guarantee, flexibility and reliability for hospitals and clinics.
Yes, it is easy and simply for installation and maintenance of a modular operation theatre, however, some key factors should be kept in the mind during design:
- Expansion possibility for future, advanced equipment might be applied to OT in future;
- Modular OT is generally located at the high floor or top floor to be away from noise, cross infection, contamination, it allows a smooth and convenient flow for medical staff, patient, and material handling, no interference from other dept, close to CSSD and ICU if possible.
- A style of modular OT has to be confirmed in the beginning, surgery classification requirement, equipment integration, wall panel material ect.
- Door for modular OT must be hermetical, noise insolation;
- The AHU for modular OT department should be separated, cannot be combined to other area, it is very import to select the sterile air conditioner, air capacity, air speed, air change times is to be concerned;
- HEPA filter of laminar airflow should be up to H14 class, bacteria and infection control providing efficiency 99.97% to 0.3 micron;
- The material for modular OT wall panel can be in stainless steel, glass, harden aluminum, galvanized steel and solid material surface.
In a conclusion, modular operation theatre has to serve for doctors, nurses, patients and materials handling, a simply, clean, smooth flow, no cross infection, evidence based design, thinking future, flexibility and reliability.
Should you have any questions, please drop us an email or call, we look forward to working with you.